Thursday, April 3, 2014

cheese alert

my friend posted this on facebook today - an experience he had last night:

"Had dinner and drinks with the sweetest woman last night. Christine from Boston lost her husband of 50+ years last fall and is finally starting to do some of the things that she and her husband always did together, like travel the world and go to the theatre. She told me that her absolute favorite memory of Raymond is that they would slow dance in the kitchen, almost daily. They had no idea why, they just did it. She asked me if I was married or if I had found that special woman in my life yet. When I said no, with tears running down her cheek, she made me promise that when I find her, that I will always take the time to dance in the kitchen."

I read this and it made my heart sing. Truly.

Because the moment I first felt that whisper in my heart - well, in the beginning it was more like a roar - that I was in love with Michael was when he pulled me into his arms in the kitchen and slow danced with me while he sang quietly in my ear:

I can only give you love that lasts forever
And a promise to be near each time you call
And the only heart I own
For you and you alone
 That's all, that's all...

We danced and I cried, because that's just what I do when I'm so overwhelmed with emotion. I'll never forget that moment. I hope we always remember to slow dance in the kitchen.




Told you. Cheese alert. I don't care. Sometimes you just need to tell the world that you're in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment