Monday, May 19, 2014

currently vol. 6

Thinking about:

Like I've mentioned a few times lately, I've been thinking about that big question -- what do I want to do with my life? Maybe that question never actually gets answered. But seeing as the school year is wrapping up, and I am leaving my music teacher job (not the high school - only the grade school), it has been time to really think about what the next step is. So I've been trying to find summer work, audition for summer shows, and looking into all my options for the fall. And I've chosen to start applying to return to school and get my teaching credential. This might be confusing to some people, seeing as I've been a teacher for the last five years. However, I am not credentialed - I have been working small part-time teaching jobs at private schools and after school programs this entire time. I was never convinced that I truly wanted to be a teacher - my heart was torn between teaching and performing. Through a lot of discernment, prayer, and life experience, I have decided that my heart is truly in teaching. I could write about it in great depth, but I'll leave it at that. I'm excited for what the future holds.

Reading:

I'm still working on my re-reading classics from high school project. Currently reading I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings. I just started so no opinions to report yet!

Watching:

I woke up way earlier than I needed to today, so I turned on the TV and have just been lying in bed watching 13 Going On 30. Sometimes early morning chick flicks are a fabulous way to start your day.

Listening to:

At this very moment, the TV. Music-wise? I haven't had any new revelations lately. I feel like as a musician this should be the most exciting part of my currently. Whoops.

Thankful for:

A fabulous weekend with my beautiful family. I love them. We did a ridiculous photo-shoot yesterday of my sister and brother. They are graduating from college and high school this coming weekend, so we took some photos for their announcements and party invitations. However, my family doesn't ever do things the way most people do... We agreed not to post photos all over social media yet, we want the announcement to be a surprise. Here is your one sneak peek...



Wishing:

This is a new part of currently! Goals for the week. This is hard for me, because I'm in such a transitional period that I don't have small goals, I have big goals. I guess I can say what I am looking forward to for now!

1. My best friend's baby shower in a couple of hours. She lives in New York and is in town with her family - I cannot WAIT to see her and celebrate her pregnancy!

2. Michael comes into town on Thursday - time, go quickly!

3. Family graduation weekend - I love family celebrations, especially with my crazy family. We have so much fun. I can't wait to celebrate my sister and brother, and start celebrating the beginning of SUMMER!


Linking up with the ladies at A Mama Collective and Home Away From Home
Feel free to join in and link up!

4 comments:

  1. Man, how is it that your family always has the best ideas. So much creativity and fun in those genes! And I'm so excited for you new decision to fully peruse teaching. What a gift it would be to have you as a teacher. Wishing you the best of weeks. Lots of love! M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweet girl! It's a scary decision to make but I know it's what God is calling me to - thank you for your encouragement. And we take after our crazy dad - we can't help it :) XOXO

      Delete
  2. This has also been a HUGE question on my mind lately. What do i want to do with my life? I wish I had the answer. I still am not sure what I want to be when I get big and I am 32 years old.

    Love your photos!! :)

    Stopping by from the link up. --Becky with Choose Happy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Becky! Thanks so much for stopping by. I think none of us ever REALLY figure out what it is we want to be when we grow up :) I guess all we can do is take it one step at a time.
      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete